Wednesday 31 July 2013

It has been a very busy year for me so far!

I have gone from being a night student, to a full time day student (was both for a while, phew, was that tough).  I have just started my second semester of Fashion Design and Technology at CIT Reid in Canberra.

What a learning curve!  On one hand it is great to learn new things, on the other to have someone telling you that you have been doing it right is good too, especially if like me you are self taught.

Only a couple of things done so far this year.

This jacket was my final assessment for Clothing Production III (my part time night course).

 Butterick B5401 (Out of Print)

A couple of minor adjustments;  I moved the pockets from the side seams to the front seams.  I am a 'pear' and the pockets on the side seams were just too much.  I also took some from each panel for the same reason.  (made me look terrible!).

It actually hangs better than this one.  Sorry I should have pressed it, but I have been wearing it for the last couple of days.

Now the best bit..............





The lining!  Ain't it cool!

This is a Chinese Brocade from Fabric.com .https://www.fabric.com/buy/0261169/chinese-brocade-heavenly-gate-orange  The colours don't show very well but there is orange (my fav) a red and a purple and gold.  It is just yummy!

The outside of the coat is a wool/polyester blend also bought from Fabric.com.  https://www.fabric.com/buy/0275476/wool-blend-coating-herringbone-cream-tan



Oh any bye the way, I did pass lol.

So over my holidays I had a big list of things to do and people to see.  Unfortunately, I didn't get most of it done!  Don't know where the time went!  I did get a coat made for my beautiful Bobby though.





Isn't he adorable.  I tried to get one of his face, but he wouldn't sit still for me.

One more project got made.

A new Lincraft store opened here and as I was checking it out with a friend I noticed some fake fur stuff (I'm very good at technical terms) and said that I wanted a vest.  Well he looked me up and down  (more down 'cause he is 6"8) and said "and I think you may be able to pull it off too".  Well with such confidence (!) the fabric was bought.....................





Noticing a trend with lining?  Yep, I like a statement lol.

The vest is from Burda 11/12.  I added pockets to the side seams.  Gotta have pockets.

So that's the catchup.  Hoping for some cute designs to come out of my course, and also hoping to make some clothes for a trip to NZ with the Australian Sewing Guild http://www.aussew.org.au/ later in the year, but you know, best laid plans and all that.

Happy Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment